You will need the Methasoft server URL in order to install the Methasoft client. If your site is hosted by Methasoft, Methasoft Support can provide you with the hosted site URL. If you use a local (non-hosted) Methasoft server, you will need the server address. Your internal IT dept. should be able to provide this to you.
Installation Splash Page
Open an internet browser and enter your site URL into the address bar. Once entered, the Methasoft splash page will load in your browser window, as pictured below:
Methasoft requires a few prerequisites be installed on the PC prior to client installation. These are listed on the installation splash page, however not all are necessary to install individually when installing more recent versions of the Methasoft client.
- .NET Framework 4.6 and 3.5
- Required, but may be installed through Control Panel as outlined below
- SQL 2008 ReportViewer
- Required, but is part of Methasoft Client installation package, so no need to install separately
- Topaz Drivers
- Not required
MS .NET Framework 4.6 and 3.5 Installation
Most new Windows PCs come with .NET Framework 4.6 already installed, but often do not have .NET Framework 3.5 installed. The steps below allow you to confirm whether both are installed prior to running the installation of either.
- Open Windows Control Panel. Select “Programs”
- Under the “Programs and Features” heading, select “Turn Windows Features on or off”
- If the top 2 boxes in the Windows Features screen are filled, move on to step 10. Otherwise, click to fill the empty box(es)
- Click “OK” to start the .NET installation
- The system will search for the required files
- Select “Let Windows Update download the files for you”
- Windows will download and install the .NET files.
- Once completed, click the "Close" button
Methasoft Client Installation
Back on the Methasoft Splash Page in your browser, click the link to download the installation package. The link is the word “here” in the sentence, “To start the download of the Methasoft Client Setup Program, please click here.”
- Open and Run the downloaded file.
- A box will pop up titled Methasoft Treatment Management System Setup. Click the Radio box for “I agree to the license terms and conditions” and then click “Install”
- The setup will initialize.
- A box will pop up titled Methasoft Setup. Click “Next”
- The Setup box will show where Methasoft will be installed. Click “Next”
- The Setup box will show the message, “Please Enter the name of the Methasoft server this client will connect to.”, with a blank field. Enter your server URL in this field. Click “Next”
- The application with be installed. The Setup box will show the message, “Completed the Methasoft Setup Wizard.” Click “Finish”
- A box will pop up titled Methasoft Treatment Management System Setup with the message, “Installation Successfully Completed” Click “Close”
- Methasoft is now installed on your computer.
Netalytics Folder Security
You must set the appropriate security settings on the application folder. If this step is not completed, Users will not be able to open Patient information in the application and complete necessary activities and tasks.
- Open a File Explorer window and go to the filepath C:\Program Files (x86)
- Locate the “Netalytics” folder. Right click on the “Netalytics” folder and select “Properties”
- Select the “Security” tab
- Click “Edit”
- The “Permissions” window will open. Select “Add”
- The “Select Users, Computers, Service Accounts, or Groups” window will open. In the “Enter the object names to select (examples):” field, type “everyone”. Click “OK”
- You will be taken back to the previous screen where you will now see “Everyone” in the “Group or user names:” field. Select “Everyone”. In the field labeled “Permissions for Everyone” click on the radio box for “Full Control”. Click “OK”.
You may now close the Folder Properties window. Installation of the Methasoft Client is now complete.
Please sign in to leave a comment.